Our Optometrist will initially take a detailed history and symptoms report giving clues as to the potential causes of your dry eyes. The ocular surface and eyelids are then examined to see what layer of the tear film is causing the dry eyes. After this, our optometrist will explain what treatment is available to manage your symptoms. As dry eyes in most cases are long term you will find that treatment isn’t a cure but more management of symptoms.
Dry eye is a common condition that typically affects both eyes but not always. Most people will experience a mixture of the following symptoms:
– Eyes feel irritated or uncomfortable
– The feeling of something in the eye e.g. an eyelash
– Watery eyes
– Intermittent blurring in vision
– Burning or stinging sensations
– Discomfort with contact lens wear